The Green Moray is an International Scuba Diving Center located at the Melia Cayo Guillermo Hotel. The dive center prides itself on professionalism using new Scubapro equipment and very experienced guides. Green Moray dives range from 30 meters in depth, to shallower excursions at 10 meters on the Cayo Guillermo Barrier Reef. At these depths, on the Atlantic side of the reef, it’s easy to interact with and see; Turtles, Barracuda, Nurse Sharks, Sting-Rays, Moray Eels, Lion Fish apart from the abundant untouched coral and sponge growth.
A five dive package runs out at 180 CUC all-in, including equipment, dive suits and all ancillary costs. 10 dives is a very reasonable 310 CUC. For beginners there’s the initial pool experimentation at the Melia Pool and then one dive which costs 35 CUC.
Characteristics of the Center
- Number of diving sites: 27
- International certification: ACUC
- Vessels: One 41 foot cruiser and one 13 foot
- Capacity per Seesion: 30 pax
- Number of departures per day: 2
- Most popular dive sites near Cayo Guillermo and Cayo Coco: El Acuario, La Morena, El Perro, Las Gorgonias, Media Luna, La Jaula